Re: [htdig] start_url and local filesystem-only searching

Subject: Re: [htdig] start_url and local filesystem-only searching
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 06:11:30 PST

At 8:33 AM -0500 1/23/01, George Herson wrote:
>Never mind: I got local filesystem-only working with my start file
>(whose "urls" are in the form "<a
>href="/win/MyDocuments/Tech/Adobe_Reader_.htm">Adobe_Reader</a>") with:
>start_url:
>http:///win/win/MyDocuments/Tech/OrganizeText/OrgTxt-Lnx.htm
>local_urls: http://win/=//

The local_urls_only attribute only means that htdig will stick to the
translations only and not turn to HTTP.

>Another question: Why might htmerge return:
>"Deleted, no excerpt:
>23/http://win/win/MyDocuments/Tech/Postgresql/createTables.sql" ?
>createTables.sql is a plain text file, the rest are html.

But there's no way to know it's a text file! The local_urls feature
will only index certain extensions to be on the safe side. The 3.2
code has actual file:/// support, and turns to a mime.types file for
help. (Though at the moment, the local_urls code does not translate
things to a file:// request, which does need to be done.)