[htdig] Re: htdig SSL problems

Subject: [htdig] Re: htdig SSL problems
From: Jason Scharlach (jscharlach@quarry.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 08:02:07 PST

Matt

  I'm still trying to get this to work. For some reason Solaris (and in
your case SunOS) compiles of htDig (with patch) are not using the
openssl libraries correctly. Are you able to actually retrieve pages by
just using "./openssl s_client -host {hostname} -port 443" and then
issuing the GET command manually ("GET index.html HTTP/1.0")? In my
case this works fine, so I know it's possible for htdig to retrieve the
pages but patch just doesn't work quite right for these OS's. I'm going
to go poking around and see if I can't remedy this. Please let me know
if you have any additional success on this problem. I'll let you know
if I do. Thanks!!!

  Jason