[htdig] append database problem

Subject: [htdig] append database problem
From: Julian C. Dunn (jdunn@aquezada.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 21:32:26 PST

I have an existing, working htdig database, and I wanted to add more data to it
that's indexed from another URL, using a different configuration file. The
reason I used a different configuration file is because I want to run the two
indexing runs at different times, using a cron job. Anyway, what I did was try
to run htdig on the new configuration file:

% htdig -c ./htdig-bc.conf -u username:password -vvv

And htdig started to index all the URLs that were indexed with the original
htdig.conf, and never indexed the documents at the start_url in htdig-bc.conf .

Is there any way I can append data in this manner, without generating a whole
new set of databases and then running htmerge on them to create a single set?

- Julian

[ Julian C. Dunn - jdunn@aquezada.com * WWW: http://www.aquezada.com/ ]
[ FuE exfe94 a+++ Ifte/slc lonca r- ps++ bs+ t++/*t C+++$/C! w+++ p7 LF+++ ]
[N++/N! cd350 pr++ g+++ S-/S *x++ Fa+++/Fa$/Fa! m1 b+ fc+++/ E>+ rl-- *d s!]
[ "diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way" - unknown ]