Re: [htdig] Spelling Help

Subject: Re: [htdig] Spelling Help
From: Dave Salisbury (salisbur@fsl.noaa.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 15:25:26 PST

okay, here's one for the gurus.

I'd like to be able to preserve user state, which is held in the query string.
So my idea is to return just the urls from a search that match the state
of the user. Basically, we have a ?lang=en or ?lang=fr, and since many
of our pages are not translated yet, it's the same page regardless
of the language they ask for.. So any search will return 2 pages,
( the same page, but the urls that differ in the query string )
one for english, and one for french. I would like for the search to only
return one or the other, even though both should be indexed.

Something like a bad_querystr attribute would help perhaps,
but that is only for the indexing, not
for searching, and I also need to set this unknow attribute dynamically.

filtering the search's output with my own parsing could be gross.
There must be a better way.

any ideas?

dave