[htdig] Strategy for a dynamic site

Subject: [htdig] Strategy for a dynamic site
From: Richard Seymour (rseymour@anarchysoftware.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 14:45:35 PST

I'm working on a site where some pages will be dynamically generated
using java servlets and many static pages will be linked to only through
dynamically generated content, or through javascript.

I'm wondering what the best strategy for implementing htdig on a site
like this would be.

I was thinking of generating a few bogus pages that provided links to
all the content that can't be accessed using standard links, and
generating these bogus pages on the fly scheduled just before the htdig
indexing runs. Is this a good strategy?

--
Richard Seymour : Anarchy Software, Inc.