Re: [htdig] HOWTO? setp-by-step?

Subject: Re: [htdig] HOWTO? setp-by-step?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 14:38:56 PST

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Geordon VanTassle wrote:

> /opt/www which is fine for me. In /opt/www/db there are the files, and
> they have "size," so I know that there is something IN them. Who should

When you say it doesn't "find anything." Does it come up with an error?
Have you tried running htsearch from the server's command-line?

The fact that the files exist doesn't tell you a whole lot. There is a
small amount of overhead for the database framework itself. But if they're
several megabytes, then yes, there is something in them.

BTW, the ownership is fine, but can they be read by the webserver user?
Can the directories leading up to the databases be read by the webserver
user?