Re: [htdig] Avoiding search on file name

Subject: Re: [htdig] Avoiding search on file name
From: Loys Masquelier (loys.masquelier@edf.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 01:40:18 PST

In fact, it seams that htsearch results are directories and files where the
searched word is inside the directory or file name.

Ex :
/foo/foo.html
Searched word : foo
Result :
/foo
/foo/foo.html

Is there a way to avoid htsearch to find those directories and files.

Thanks.

Loys.

Gilles Detillieux a écrit :

> Or perhaps, if I understand correctly, setting description_factor to 0
> and reindexing would be the way to avoid this. If you point htdig to
> a directory that doesn't contain an index.html or equivalent file, and
> the web server automatically generates the directory index, then the file
> names will be used as link description text for the links to those files.
> If that's what is happening here, then you want to tell htdig not to
> put any weight on the words appearing in link description text, as above.
>
> According to Peterman, Timothy P:
> > I think setting "title_factor" to 0 in the config file will do that.
> > You'll probably need to reindex for that change to take effect.
> >
> > Loys Masquelier wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have a problem in indexing a file hierarchy. Htdig by default indexes
> > > all the names of all the files. When I search for a word, if that word
> > > is found in a file name, htsearch return the file path. But I only want
> > > files which contain the given word.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to avoid that file name indexing ?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Best regards.
> > >
> > > Loys.
> >
> > --
> > Tim Peterman - Web Master,
> > IT&P Unix Support Group Technical Lead
> > Lockheed Martin EIS/NE&SS, Moorestown, NJ

> --
> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil

Electricite de France EDF http://www.edf.fr
Research Division         http://ntic.edf.fr
Loys MASQUELIER
Tel 33 1 47 65 38 36  Fax 33 1 47 65 34 24