Re: [htdig] basic script

Subject: Re: [htdig] basic script
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 20:20:32 PST

At 5:43 PM -0500 1/17/01, Ronald Edward Petty wrote:
>Now that i have it, i assume u run htdig .... I saw somewhere a script or
>something that runs it on the htdig site, but where is the link or
>email.. anyone know what Im talking about or am I going crazy :)

There's the "rundig" script that is installed with the htdig,
htmerge, htfuzzy, etc. binaries. There are also a variety of scripts
you can use to drive things, e.g. <http://www.htdig.org/contrib/>

>One more thing, when u compile does the CONFIG file u adjust, can that be
>changed later or is that internally added somehow...

The only variable which cannot be changed in the configuration files
is the default config directory in htsearch. It must have this to
prevent the CGI from reading arbitrary directories on the server.

Everything else can be set--see the attribute documentation, esp.
those ending in _dir:
<http://www.htdig.org/confindex.html>