[htdig] Memory requriements

Subject: [htdig] Memory requriements
From: Pat Lennon (plennon1@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 19:31:21 PST

I have a Linux box with approx 1 gig of html and pdf books. I want to
use htdig for the search engine. I dont want to assume to much
but....will 1 additional gig of hard disk cover the size of the index
database. I figure double may be a safe starting point. Also what type
of memory requirements should i consider at a minimum? The hardware is a
Cyrix 150 64 meg ram redhat 6.2 apache webserver. I know this is a vague
question...I would just like some reasonable starting points???

Thanks much

Pat