[htdig] environment problems

Subject: [htdig] environment problems
From: Ronald Edward Petty (repett0@sweb.uky.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:51:38 PST

Ok i yield, my ignorance has shown... it is our environment that is messed
up. ex.

ajax:/export/netapp/user/rpy/htdig-3.1.5/htdig/> htdig
ld.so.1: htdig: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
ajax:/export/netapp/user/rpy/htdig-3.1.5/htdig/>

This machine is not the one that it was compiled on, so that could be part
of it. I assumed that moving everything that got made would be ok , im
wrong apparently. So now i ask, we have a production server... this is
the server where this was compiled fine. However my higher managers wanna
know if u run the thing like htdig and it creates databases files etc...
where what and how many are there going to be. Can someone PLEASE give me
a detailed list of what happens and where for a first run. I dont know
how to do this, since i can't run it on the production server unless were
sure that it wont destroy it....

Thanks again
ron