[htdig] Re: Reindex

Subject: [htdig] Re: Reindex
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:57:11 PST

According to Elsa Chan:
> I try doing that, but only one file gets updated from htdig.
>
> /usr/local/htdig/db/db.docdb is the only file that gets updated.
>
> db.docs.index is still old and db.wordlist.new is created by it has 0 bytes
>
> When I try to run htmerge it gives me
>
> htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/usr/local/htdig/db/db.wordlist'

As FAQ 5.16 explains, this happens because htdig didn't index any documents.

> I also try running htdig -vvv, but I get this
>
> 1:0:http://www.site.net/
> New server: www.site.net, 80
>

> I specify in the config file to used a different port and I put the url in
> quotes but it doesn't seem to work properly
>
> Any ideas?

You can't use quotes in the start_url, because htdig doesn't parse it as
a quoted string list. See http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html

The port number should be tacked right on to the end of the URL with a
colon, e.g. start_url: http://www.site.net:8001

As for figuring out why it's hanging, and what constitutes a long while,
please see Geoff's response.