Re: [htdig] Can't exclude a directory in results

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can't exclude a directory in results
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:10:33 PST

Last I heard, Mindspring was still using a rather ancient beta release of
htdig-3.0.8b2, which had numerous bugs. The exclude parameter handling
didn't work correctly until version 3.1.0b2. Also, we had problems
with the StringMatch class used to implement the restrict and exclude
parameters to htsearch, among other things, until 3.1.0b4. That may be
the cause of these problems. Also, you must make absolutely sure that you
only have one definition of the input parameters "restrict" and "exclude"
in your search form, as versions before 3.1.0b4 didn't handle multiple
parameter definitions for these. The current stable release is 3.1.5,
which has been out for almost a year now, and fixes these and many, many
other bugs.

According to Dudley Jane: