[htdig] hidden keywords

Subject: [htdig] hidden keywords
From: Stephen L Arnold (sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:10:33 PST

Howdy:

I'm trying to achieve some requested behavior with htdig; ie, I've
setup some selections in the search page (using restrict and
exclude) and the desired behavior is to have the user enter nothing
in the search field and have htdig serve up a list of all documents
in the directories specified by restrict/exclude.

All documents are Word docs (at the moment) and previously I had
added the keyword "doc" to the bottom of the search form (in the
hidden keyword field) and it worked. However, that was when Apache
was configured to allow directory indexing (and the indexes would
show up in the search results, along with the documents). I turned
off the Apache auto-index stuff, and built a single html file with
URLs for all the documents for htdig to do the actual dig.

However, and here's the rub, now I get a boolean search error when
I submit a search with no keywords, even if I put more hidden
keywords in the search form (that are guaranteed to be in the
documents).

The only thing that changed was the Apache auto-index stuff; is
there anything I can do to get the behavior I want back again?

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Steve