[htdig] Can't exclude a directory in results

Subject: [htdig] Can't exclude a directory in results
From: Carrot-Top Creative (carrottopcreative@phoenixdsl.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 12:09:08 PST

Hi:

Iíve searched and double checked the instructions on how to exclude a
directory from results and canít get it to work. Iím using htdig on
MindSpring which means I canít do any custom configuration to the server or
have more than one htdig install. I need to have 2 different search pages
that return different results. Iíve successfully created a search form that
uses restrict:

<input type=hidden name=config value="www57080">
<input type=hidden name=restrict value="/98study/">
<input type=hidden name=exclude value="">

But I canít get exclude to work using this code to not include a particular
directory.

<input type=hidden name=config value="www57080">
<input type=hidden name=restrict value="">
<input type=hidden name=exclude value="/98study/">

Help what can I do? tko