Re: [htdig] htdig ignores *.doc file extension

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig ignores *.doc file extension
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 12:15:53 PST

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Evelio Martinez wrote:

> Now, I do not understand anything. I have run the same command but
> with "-u user:password" and now htdig finds out all the .doc and
>.pdf files and creates the link.
> Has something to do with Apache conf ?

Yes. If you need the -u flag or the authorization attribute, then you have
a password-protected site. If you don't supply the password, then htdig
will index very little.

> The next problem to solve will be the character set.

Have you taken a look at the FAQ? For example,

> but it ignores the Windows 2000 server.

Are these also password-protected? If so, are they using the "Basic"
authentication scheme?