Re: [htdig] Problem with PDF files....

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problem with PDF files....
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 07:26:07 PST

According to Elijah Kagan:
> 1. I run htdig with an explicit -c option, so it uses the correct conf
> file.
> 2. I rewrote the external_parsers so it includes only one line...
> 3. ..and it is the first line in the file
> Results are the same! It is still looking for an acroread!
> Please, help. I am getting desperate...

Hmm. You're sure you're running version 3.1.5 of htdig, and you
don't have a pre-3.1.4 binary of htdig kicking around that you might be
unknowingly running instead? External converter support was added to the
external_parsers attribute only in version 3.1.4 and above. If you're
sure this isn't the problem either, please send me a copy of your conf
file as it stands now (preferably uuencoded right on your htdig box to
prevent e-mail mangling of it), and I'll have a look and try a test or two.

Oh, another thing. You mentioned this was on a Debian system. Did you
compile htdig yourself, or did you use a pre-compiled binary? If the
latter, which one?

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: