Re: [htdig] keep temp files while running indexer? How to...

Subject: Re: [htdig] keep temp files while running indexer? How to...
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 18:02:46 PST

At 10:43 AM -0800 1/9/01, smurray3@mindspring.com wrote:
>1) Are we right in the assumptions we're making above (the temp
>files are being destroyed and are thus not available during
>indexing) and

If you are not specifying the -a flag to htdig/htmerge then it will
modify the filenames specified in your htdig.conf. This would
probably not be what you want.

>2) if so, how do I change the conf file so that the temporary files
>will be available to the search engine during indexing - - so that
>the search engine will still work during indexing?

You might want to take a look at the rundig.sh script in the contrib/
section (I'm pretty sure it's in the releases, but it's definitely on
the FTP server.)