Re: [htdig] uninstalling htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] uninstalling htdig
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 18:04:55 PST

At 8:31 AM -0600 1/9/01, Ted Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>I installed htdig on a machine that was serving as an intranet
>server. That server has now been repurposed as a streaming media
>server and I wanted to do a little house cleaning. Is there an easy
>way to uninstall htdig?

That depends a lot on how you installed it. If it all went into one
directory, then you can just rm -r that directory... If you used an
RPM, you can uninstall the RPM.

But no, since you can easily spread your databases and config files
around, there's no "quick" way to uninstall. (But it's UNIX, so you
just remove the files and it's gone. No "registry" to change.)