[htdig] Unable to specify config-file ?

Subject: [htdig] Unable to specify config-file ?
From: Trond Arve Nordheim (trond@properdeal.no)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 06:58:01 PST

Hi!

I'm setting up a search system for several different site-searches on
several different sites here, and I've created one config-file pr. site.

I've read in the ht://Dig-docs that I can create a hidden form field named
"config" and specify the config-file there (without prefixed path and
.conf-ending).

But this doesn't work properly.
I have the following hidden form field in my search-form: <input
type="hidden" name="config" value="test">

test.conf resides in the same dir as htdig.conf (/usr/local/conf).

When I type in a search word and press submit, I get the following error:
ht://Dig error
htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:

Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/conf/testhtdig.conf'

What's this?
Why does htsearch append that strange char and "htdig.conf" to the end of
the config-file I specified, and not only .conf ?
I'm in a bit of a rush to get this up and running, so a quick answer would
be appreciated :-)

--
Trond Arve Nordheim
Web developer