Re: [htdig] Stats

Subject: Re: [htdig] Stats
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 12:47:02 PST

According to htdighelp:
> Is there any way of generating stats of what users are searching for?
> I assume just the standard web logs. Does anyone suggest anything that is very good at
> not just stats but a clear picture of what users are doing.

There are a couple techniques you can use. One is described at
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#logging which uses the syslog facility.
The other is to set up your search forms to use the GET method, rather
than POST, so that the query strings always appear in the web server logs.
Either way, you'll get raw data for every query htsearch processes,
and you can develop some scripts to summarise it any which way you want.
I don't know of any canned scripts to do this for you.