Re: [htdig] Stats

Subject: Re: [htdig] Stats
From: Jim Serio (jim@rollercoaster.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 10:21:12 PST

> Is there any way of generating stats of what users are searching for?
> I assume just the standard web logs. Does anyone suggest anything that is very good at
> not just stats but a clear picture of what users are doing.

It's fairly trivial to either implement a wrapper that logs each
search request (there's a few Perl wrappers out there so modifying
one would be easy if you know some Perl) or just hack the C source
to log the search term.

If you're at all familiar with Perl or can dig your way through
the C source it should take about 10 minutes to add file/db logging.

Jim

--
Jim Serio - jim@rollercoaster.com
Producer, World of Coasters