Re: [htdig] [PB] reference count overflow

Subject: Re: [htdig] [PB] reference count overflow
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 09:06:52 PST

According to heddy Boubaker:
> <> "Gilles" == Gilles Detillieux <> writes:
> >> I sometimes have errors like that when searching:
> >> DB2 problem...: ...intranet-db.words.db: page 0: reference count overflow
> Gilles> My guess would be a corrupt database. Try rebuilding it from
> Gilles> scratch.
> Thanks, I solved the pb by doing that.
> But what could corrupt the db ? The only actions I did on the concerned db
> was: htdig init then htmerge from scratch and then, once a week, htdig &
> htmerge are run again with the same config... If something corrupted my db it
> should be a bug somewhere no?

Potentially, yes. We've received scattered reports of inexplicable
database corruption in the 3.1.x series, but never anything solid or
consistent enough that we could nail down to a specific bug. We don't
know for sure even if it is a bug, but we suspect that it is, albeit an
obscure and infrequent one. If the problem happens frequently and/or
consistently, please let us know and we can try to track it down.
Otherwise, all we can recommend is to rebuild the index from time to
time to correct this.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: