Re: [htdig] multiple dbases from one search form?

Subject: Re: [htdig] multiple dbases from one search form?
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 16:01:34 PST

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Douglas Kline wrote:

> directory, and direct htdig and htmerge to the appropriate htdig.conf file
> using the "-c" flag to those commands. Is that the way to create multiple
> databases the above e-mail message refers to?

Yes. You have always been able to do this. I was commenting on the request
to search multiple config files from one search request. You could search
them individually, but not together.

> does not affect the pathnames used by htdig and htmerge and that the various
> pathnames are hard-coded into those programs.

With the exception of the CONFIG_DIR setting for htsearch, you can easily
change the defaults with the appropriate config settings, e.g.

> If you do that have multiple databases, does the v. 3.2 code support a "-c"
> flag for htsearch? Is there any way to do it with v. 3.1.5?

Not really. Use the config field in the search form if you wish to pick a
different config file--using flags through the CGI is insecure (at best).