Re: [htdig] A little automation

Subject: Re: [htdig] A little automation
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 12:07:18 PST

At least IMO, true operational requirements for any such system would be
quite user-specific. The (full) set of user requirements would tend to
include:

    Scheduling capabilities.
    Varying frequencies, perhaps even within the same URL.
    Inclusion and/or Exclusion of specified nodes, within a url.
    Statistical-recording capabilities.
    Varying underlying-database formats.

If this were implemented AT ALL, I'd see it in the form of an independent
sub-system; output taking the form of .conf files, which would then be
processed
thru a htdig/htmerge script. The format of the underlying database would be
"up to the user"; perhaps accessed thru something similar to Perl/DBI.

In a message dated 1/4/01 11:43:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,