Re: [htdig] questions

Subject: Re: [htdig] questions
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 10:28:49 PST

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> some people they install quite smoothly. There may be database format
> changes coming down the road, so upgrading htdig may mean having to
> reindex from scratch.

I can't think of many changes that would truly require reindexing from
scratch. AFAICT, the worst that would be needed is to use htdump, upgrade
to the new version, run htload, and you're off and running. A bit more
convenient. ;-)

> htdocs is commonly used as the name for the DocumentRoot, but I don't
> think there's any standard involved here.

It's the precedent from NCSA httpd. That's what they called it and Apache
started as a patched httpd, so it's stuck around.