Re: [htdig] what does --host in configure do?

Subject: Re: [htdig] what does --host in configure do?
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 08:21:32 PST

According to Foskett Roger:
> Hi, according to this post,
> using ./configure --host=POSIX.2 sorts out a compile problem I am having on
> HPUX11.
> However, configure complains that 'POSIX.2' is invalid when used. Can
> anyone please tell me what options can be specified for '--host' as I have
> been unable to find anything explaining it

Nor have I. I'm not a configure expert, but as far as I can tell, the
--host option doesn't seem to do a whole lot. If you're experiencing the
same sort of errors as in the message above, I'd suggest trying to set
the CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS environment variables before calling ./configure,
to tell the compiler or preprocessor where to find the files it needs.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: