Re: [htdig] Remote Request?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Remote Request?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 08:25:40 PST

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Mike Paradis wrote:

> If I could just send a small network request and receive the results,
> that would be much more efficient.

I'm not quite sure that I follow you exactly. But I think you're asking
for something along the lines of the ExternalTransport code in the 3.2
branch. You could, for example write up some sort of Perl (or other)
script to access the database and then rewrite the URLs afterwards.

In this fashion, you'd probably want to index on the DB server itself and
then transfer the ht://Dig databases if you wanted.

Am I following you, or did you have something else in mind?