Re: [htdig] indexing mySQL table

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing mySQL table
From: Zon Hisham Bin Zainal Abidin (
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 03:23:45 PST

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> So if you have, for example, a web frontend to your mySQL
> database (e.g. a PHP-generated set of pages or whatnot), then you
> just set ht://Dig to index the frontend.

YES. It will definitely work...But ..
NO. That is NOT what MOST ppl want :(

My frontend looks like this:

1)htdig will index: http://domain/result.php?cat=AUT&subcat=AUT-CAR
                    etc etc

2)result.php looks inside my content table AND then refer to (lookup) to
table category and subcategory for the appropriate codes (eg AUT stands
for automobiles, AUT-CAR stands for car).

Now, visitors will NOT be able to search for 'Automobile' or 'Bicycle'
bcos these words were not indexed ! They can however (I think), search
for AUT-CAR, which is NOT what we want.

Therefore I need to somehow tell htdig that those 3 (content,cat and
subcat) mySQL tables are related and do index them together.

Please help.

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>