Re: [htdig] configure help

Subject: Re: [htdig] configure help
From: John Lunstroth (htdig@janaka.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 07:45:00 PST

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your comments. I managed to get it installed (not running yet), but did have to make changes to the configure file. I intend to run htdig on my web site, hosted remotely. The shell is only available to me through telnet/ftp. My host has actually assigned me 2 distinct subdirectories, though they are linked. It took me a while to figure out the absolute addresses of my subdirectories because I mistakenly assumed I was in one absolute location, when I was in 2. configure makes certain assumptions about the absolute location of the install, and in my case these assumptions were wrong. I think I had to make changes to 3 or 4 statements in configure.

I also had to edit the CONFIG file to be consistent with the values i set in configure. Then I got through "make install." Hallaluya.

Question - once I get this installed and running with my existing content, will it be fairly easy to add new databases of the same type? IOW, will it take forever everytime I think about it? :-) What am I getting myself into, etc.?

Thanks

John