RE: [htdig] Words and files not being found or indexed

Subject: RE: [htdig] Words and files not being found or indexed
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 15:48:26 PST

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, crosstar wrote:

> I have never run htmerge, so I thought maybe I would try
> that (possibly to solve the problem of my files not being indexed).

You must run htmerge to get usable databases. The rundig script runs
htdig, htmerge and moves files around (look at the file itself for more
details).

> However, I received the following error:
>
> /var: warning, user disk quota exceeded

My guess is that the /tmp directory is actually on /var. When merging,
temporary files are needed (quite a lot, actually). These files are put
into the directory specified by the TMPDIR environment variable, or /tmp
if TMPDIR is not defined.

The rundig script sets TMPDIR to the same directory as your databases
before running. Alternatively, you can point it to someplace where there
won't be any sort of quota.