Re: [htdig] Words and files not being found or indexed

Subject: Re: [htdig] Words and files not being found or indexed
From: crosstar (
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 04:38:30 PST

Thanks, Dennis:

Let me make this quick, then.

We have approximately 3,000 files on our site.

Are you saying that we must list all 3,000 by name, path and
directory on our starting page in order for them to be indexed?

If so, where and how on the "starting page?" Would this refer
to our "index.html" on our site (which is our default home page)?

Or, do you mean to list them all in the htdig.conf file?

If I misunderstand, kindly advise me (at your convenience).
Sorry it is unclear, at this point. But I've never seen another
search engine operate in this manner. Usually, this is all done

Thanks, again.

t 12:44 PM 12/14/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm not sure Im making myself clear, and unfortunately, I am swamped
>with work. I can't spend any more time on this right now.
>You don't have to have files called index.html, you just have to have
>a path of references from the start page, to any other page that you
>wnat indexed.

The Nationalist Movement
PO Box 2000
Learned MS 39154
(601) 885-2288
Home Page:
ICQ: 5429992
Newsgroup: alt.national
Views not necessarily those of The Nationalist Movement
2000 by The Nationalist Movement

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>