[htdig] Not indexing words and files

Subject: [htdig] Not indexing words and files
From: crosstar (crosstar@nationalist.org)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 10:47:58 PST

With regard to the following:

> I have changed one default up upping to:
> max_head_length: 50000

That will make htdig keep more of each document for use in excerpts for
matched pages, but it won't get you more matches. However, upping the
max_doc_size may get htdig to index more stuff if it was missing links from
really large pages. See FAQ 5.1.

I ran the -vvv option and got an output which did NOT include
all files. However, let me mention that the files not mentioned
are really rather small. So, the size of the files does not appear
to determine whether they will be left otu or not. So, I remain
stumped (:. Still not indexing a lot of files (and I can't seem to determine
a pattern or why or how they are being left out).

Been working on it all day, but can't seem to make any headway.

Thanks.

The Nationalist Movement
PO Box 2000
Learned MS 39154
(601) 885-2288
Clinic: http://www.nationalist.org/board/html/index.php
Crosstarlist: http://www.nationalist.org/docs/resources/list.html
E-mail: mailto:crosstar@nationalist.org
Forum: http://www.nationalist.org/forum/index.php
Home Page: http://www.nationalist.org
ICQ: 5429992
Newsgroup: alt.national
Views not necessarily those of The Nationalist Movement
2000 by The Nationalist Movement