Re: [htdig] configure help

Subject: Re: [htdig] configure help
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 21:54:31 PST

At 2:58 PM -0600 12/9/00, John Lunstroth wrote:
>The separate subdirectory was created, in which was the configure
>program. The first time through I simply ran configure without
>making changes to it, and I soon realized this was not the correct
>order of business.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. From install.html:

Once the distribution has been extracted, change to the newly created
directory.
In this directory you will need execute the configure program:

So you don't edit the configure script at all--you just unpack the
tar file (as you said you did) and then run ./configure. See
<http://www.htdig.org/install.html>

>I am not interested in doing anything fancy with the program - that
>means I have read the alphabetical list of switches and most of the
>defaults will serve me fine.

What platform are you using? There may already be a binary distribution for it.