Re: [htdig] locale:ru on Solaris

Subject: Re: [htdig] locale:ru on Solaris
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 09:33:07 PST

According to Eldar Imangulov:
> I'm useing Solaris 7
> I made the htDig and now I try to make search my site in russian
> (windows-1251).
> in htdig.conf I said the
> locale : ru
> The website indexing is going well but the htsearch does not work
> (coredump).
> But without russian language (indexing by default => without locale:ru)
> indexing & htsearch works well togather.
> What is the problem???

Hard to say, but from what you describe it sounds like a problem with the
locale tables for your locale, or a database corruption problem of some
sort, perhaps. Could you give us a stack backtrace of htsearch's core
dump to narrow things down a bit?

See the latter part of

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: