[htdig] Installation Problem under HPUX 10.20

Subject: [htdig] Installation Problem under HPUX 10.20
From: Intekhab Choudhury (optical007@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 08:31:12 PST

Hi,
     Downloaded htdig-3.1.5.tar.gz After gunzip and
tar xvf , I switched to htdig-3.1.5 dir and ran
./configure and get the following output.....

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh
-c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.5
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration
problem: C compiler cannot create

I have gone to gnu's website and reinstalled
gcc-2.95.2-sd-10.20.depot.gz, even rebooted :-p but
no luck
yet. Any pointer?

Trying to do this as root (and I do have /opt/gcc/bin
in the path).

Kind Regards,

Tek
optical007@yahoo.com