Re: [htdig] test

Subject: Re: [htdig] test
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 10:24:56 PST

According to John Lunstroth:
> Hi Geoff - Thanks for the comments - I did this and went to the next
> step - when *make* ran it could not complete its action because it
> was looking in the default subdirectory "opt" that is in the configure
> file, and many error messages were generated. Really, I think the only
> thing I felt I needed to change was the name of that subdirectroy
> in *configure* - at least until after I got it up and running. Is
> there a particluar subdirectory relative to the root that I should
> have unpacked it into? Alternatively, could I simply create an *opt*
> subdirectory, or should the configure program do this automatically?

To change any file pathnames in the 3.1.5 distribution, you can simply
edit the file "CONFIG" after having run ./configure, and before you run
"make". In the 3.2.0 betas, you can provide all the pathnames as command
line options to ./configure. Please read the installation instructions
on the www.htdig.org web site for more details.

I don't think any directories are created automatically, so you need
to configure the package to use the directories you want, and manually
create any of these which aren't there yet, before you "make install".

It doesn't matter where you unpack the source, as that's completely
independent of where it gets installed.