Re: [htdig] test

Subject: Re: [htdig] test
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 19:04:49 PST

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, John Lunstroth wrote:

> minutes with me, on or off list - I unpacked the file OK. I tried to
> edit the "configure" file, and after editing it the shell couldn;t

You do not need to edit the configure script. You just need to run it as
it was unpacked from the tar file.

> *ls*. I edited it with wordpad/windows - was this the problem?

Windows and UNIX have different line endings, so this can cause problems.
On the other hand, my guess is that you may have cleared the executable
bits through FTP.

> not have a graphical interface nor do i know emacs or vi. Should I get

IMHO, emacs is not hard to learn, but I will refrain from a emacs/vi
debate. (This is not the list.) For emacs, you may find it helpful to type
control-h then control-t to get the tutorial.

Cheers,