[htdig] can't index external urls

Subject: [htdig] can't index external urls
From: Deb Whitten (deb.whitten@rebel.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 11:46:35 PST

I am using htdig-3.1.0b2-1 and can't seem to index external urls. I
added one to the start_url field. htdig sees 2 servers, but for some
reason my hostname gets prepended to the external url, so it doesn't

The message I get looks something like:

2 servers seen
        myhostname.org - ...
        myhostname.orgthe.other.url - 0 documents

I've searched through the bug lists and could find lots of examples of
people indexing external sites, but it just won't work for me. I am
currently building version 3.1.5 to see if that works better. Meanwhile,
is this a known bug or am I missing something?