[htdig] Re: detailed information

Subject: [htdig] Re: detailed information
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 19:35:44 PST

Hi there,

I'm assuming you picked my name as the contact for the ht://Dig search
engine package. It is a UNIX search engine, but it is not based on Oracle.
In most cases, if you're looking for a way to search an Oracle database,
it's often better to hire an Oracle consultant to write a custom search
package that is specifically addressed to your database schemas.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for a general-purpose,
open-source* web search package, feel free to browse the information on
ht://Dig at:
<http://www.htdig.org/>

*Specifically, ht://Dig is covered under the GNU GPL and is free software.