Re: [htdig] perl interface.

Subject: Re: [htdig] perl interface.
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 19:31:49 PST

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Gary Artim wrote:

> setup your own calls to htdig and present the results
> as u like (ie, returns a list of urls and there ratings).
> If this doesn't do this could someone point me to a perl
> module that does, if it exists...

As things stand now, the easiest way to do this is to write a Perl
"wrapper." See for example contrib/ewswrap.cgi or others on the
contributed section of the website:

Ideally there would be a Perl XS interface to the ht://Dig code, but
unless someone steps forward to do that, it's not likely to be done
anytime soon.