[htdig] Indexing never ends ...

Subject: [htdig] Indexing never ends ...
From: Zon Hisham Bin Zainal Abidin (zon@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 17:19:25 PST

I am trying to index a directory containing php scripts that generates
dynamic webpages from records in mySQL database.

The script generate html pages that contain categories/subcategories
from different states and towns, and called with something like this:

category.phtml?catcode=ACC&subcatcode=ACC-DEV&statecode=STATE1&TOWN=T1

I ran the indexing at 11pm last nite and it's still not finish at 8am
this morning. There are only 20 categories in the category table, 120
subcategories in the subcategory table, 15 states in the state table and
152 towns in the town table.

The console output seems that htdig runs in an infinite loop. I wonder
why.

As a clue, I suspected that the FOOTER in category.phtml is giving the
problem.
The footer consisted of all the states with hyperlink that points to:

category.phtml?catcode=ACC&subcatcode=ACC-DEV&statecode=STATE1 for
STATE1
category.phtml?catcode=ACC&subcatcode=ACC-DEV&statecode=STATE2 for
STATE2 so on and so forth:

AND of course the footer will (dynamically) CHANGE) when different
category/subcategory are chosen:
category.phtml?catcode=BUS&subcatcode=BUS-AUT&statecode=STATE1 for
STATE1
category.phtml?catcode=BUS&subcatcode=BUS-AUT&statecode=STATE2 for
STATE2 so on and so

I have tried to refer to the RTFM, but it's getting me no where.

I hope my explaination is clear and precise. Appreciate your kind
advise.

best regards,
Zon