Re: [htdig] HTTPS Indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] HTTPS Indexing
From: Jason Scharlach (jscharlach@quarry.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 11:04:56 PST

Joshua

  When I try and run the openssl command below I get the following:

> ./openssl s_client -host www.myurl.com -port 443
unable to load 'random state'
This means that the random number generator has not been seeded
with much random data.
Consider setting the RANDFILE environment variable to point at a file
that
'random' data can be kept in (the file will be overwritten).
CONNECTED(00000004)
depth=1 /C=US/O=RSA Data Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification
Authority
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
verify return:0
18499:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not
seeded:md_rand.c:474:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html

  I'm running this on a SunOS 5.6 box. I've checked the openssl faq as
the error above suggests but could find anything concerning this.
Please let me know if you know what's going on.

  Jason