[htdig] HTTPS Indexing

Subject: [htdig] HTTPS Indexing
From: Jason Scharlach (jscharlach@quarry.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 08:11:16 PST

I'm attempting to index a secure web site but am running into some
difficulties. I've applied the ssl.3 patch to htdig (3.1.5) and
recompiled and openssl (0.9.6) has been installed also. When I
attempted to index the site with './htdig -i -vvvv' I get the following
error:

> ./htdig -i -vvvv
New server: www.myurl.com, 443
Unable to build connection with www.myurl.com:443
 pushed
pick: www.myurl.com, # servers = 1

The server running on that host is Netscape Enterprise with a 128 bit
secure certificate from verisign installed.

  Any ideas or help would be greatly appriciated.

  Jason Scharlach