Re: [htdig] Decoding -v output.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Decoding -v output.
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 11:23:39 PST

According to Eric Bliss:
> Is there any place where I can find a listing of what each field of the
> -v output of htdig is for and what the various values (including the
> part where it gives the - + and *) mean?

Here's one for the FAQ...

When htdig -v spits out a line like this:

23000:35506:2:http://xxx.yyy.zz/index.html: ***-+****--++***+ size = 4056

The first number is the number of documents parsed so far, the second
is the DocID for this document, and the third is the hop count of the
document (number of hops from one of the start_url documents). After the
URL, it shows a "*" for a link in the document that it already visited (or
at least queued for retrieval), a "+" for a new link it just queued, and a
"-" for a link it rejected for any of a number of reasons. To find out
what those reasons are, you need to run htdig with at least 3 "v" options.
If there are no "*", "+" or "-" symbols after the URL, it doesn't mean
the document was not parsed or was empty, but only that no links to other
documents were found within it.