Re: [htdig] Same problem with ~s

Subject: Re: [htdig] Same problem with ~s
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 10:59:16 PST

At 11:39 AM -0600 11/26/00, Ing. Noel Vargas Baltodano wrote:
>I just don't know how to make htdig to check the /httpd subdirs and the
>/~username URLs.
>
>If anyone is kind enough to explain it to me AS CLEAR as posible, or
>tell me where I can get the right answer to this problem, I'd be very
>grateful.

When indexing, htdig follows links from the start_url setting. If
there's a link, either a standard <a href="..."> or a <link> tag in
the header, it will be followed. But if you don't have a link to your
user pages (for example), then it will never know they exist.

So you can either make sure there are links from the start_url to the
appropriate sections or make sure they're included in the start_url.
Keep in mind you can insert files into the config file like so:

start_url: `/path/to/url.file`