Re: [htdig] problems building htdig on cygwin

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems building htdig on cygwin
From: Joe R. Jah (jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 10:03:28 PST

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:06:01 +0100
> From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit.haase@t-online.de>
> To: htdig@htdig.org
> Subject: [htdig] problems building htdig on cygwin
>
> Hi there,
>
> got problems building htdig on cygwin,
> first was: some tabs were missing in the makefile, which is dubious.
> second one is a missing header: nl_types.h, anyone knows, what is
> missing at my system? Where is this header included?
> There is nothing mentioned at the requirements, what i did not have.

I had the same problem building htdig on BSDI. nl_types.h was included in
later snapshots of htdig-3.2.0b3; however, that header file requires
another header file, features.h, which is missing in my system;(

I have extracted features.h from GNU glibc distribution and placed it in
my htlib directory. Unfortunately features.h file requires yet another
header file, stubs.h, which is neither in BSDI system nor in GNU glibc;(

There is a chance that stubs.h would also require other heather file(s),
and those files require yet other files ... ad infinitum;( ;)))

In short, don't hold your breath.

Regards,

Joe

--