Re: [htdig] [off topic] -- how to reset STDOUT Assignment

Subject: Re: [htdig] [off topic] -- how to reset STDOUT Assignment
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 07:50:42 PST

At 12:48 AM -0500 11/18/00, wrote:
>I strongly suspect that some form of "dev/xxxx" is needed; how can I find the
>value (under Linux 6.1).

I don't pretend to be a Perl hacker, nor do I play one on TV. I don't
think this is really what you want. (I seem to remember easier ways
of doing this and perhaps someone more knowledgeable in Perl can

On the other hand, I can answer your question. On every form of UNIX
I've seen, /dev/stdin, /dev/stdout and /dev/stderr correspond to the
appropriate I/O.