Re: [htdig] Unsatisfied Symbol - HP10.20 (ISSUE RESOLVED)

Subject: Re: [htdig] Unsatisfied Symbol - HP10.20 (ISSUE RESOLVED)
From: Gordon Vart (
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 10:29:16 PST

We resolved the issue.

Apparantly (and scarily) (Geoff you were correct) - the 98r2 Cygnus compiler
for HPUX has some sort of issue with the following lines of code (line 284

    if (parser->hadError())

...something about variable temp creation...etc...?

So ... when I changed it to the following code - the problem went away.
    char *tmp;
    tmp = parser->getErrorMessage();
    if (parser->hadError())

Oddly enough - if I put parser->getErrorMessage() inside the hadError()
block of code (even with my tmp variable) the problem persists.

It's obviously an compiler issue not being able to handle the syntax - and
it's generating the wrong code.

Thanks to all of those that helped.

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>