Re: [htdig] Multiple hits on the same page & 'and' problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] Multiple hits on the same page & 'and' problem
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:34:35 PST

According to Dhammika Gunawardena:
> I have 2 problems.
>
> This is an example of my first problem.
>
> I have the following contents on the same page:
>
> dog
> some text about dog
>

> good dog
> some text about good dog
>

> Now if I search for dog, only the first part appears in the search result.
> The results do not show that this page contains something about "good dog".
> I want my search results to show the same URL twice, one for "dog" and one
> for "good dog".

I think what you want is something similar to what Jim Cole implemented in
his multiple excerpt patch:

   ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/htdig-patches/3.1.5/Excerpts.0

The possible difference is his patch shows all matches in the excerpt, but
only shows the URL once, if I recall correctly.

> My second problem is related to 'and'
> Suppose my page has something like this:
>
> man - human
>
> good man - good human
>
> I search for "good man" , my results show the first part. I want it to
> display all matches.
>
> Please tell me how to configure htdig for these.

Well, if you're talking about phrase matching, i.e. only highlighting the
exact phrase "good man" and not the individual words, that's coming in
3.2. See http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q1.9

If you're not talking about phrase matching, then this is the same
problem as the first one, and therefore the same solution should work.