Re: [htdig] 3.2b2 -- include:, config_dir

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2b2 -- include:, config_dir
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:32:45 PST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 Sphboc@aol.com wrote:

> As to "include:", what is the implied path:
> A. That of the conf file in which it appears?, or

A is the correct behavior. As I mentioned in another message, there were
bugs in the config parser in 3.2.0b1 and 3.2.0b2 and AFAIK are fixed in
the current development snapshots. (Betas are for discovering bugs, after
all.)

> As to "config_dir", exactly when does the specification become effective?
> Real ambiguity arises when the same .conf file includes both a "config_dir:"
> statement, and one or more "include:" statements.

Yup. I'm not sure what good a config_dir assignment would do. For the
include files, it takes paths (relative or absolute) to the current file.
For the command-line programs, you need to use the -c flag and for
htsearch you have CONFIG_DIR assigned in compilation for security reasons.

If you think about it, specifying config_dir in a config file is
nonsensical. (What, are you saying that the config file that should be
read is one with the same name in a different directory?)