Re: [htdig] 3.2b2 -- include:, config_dir

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2b2 -- include:, config_dir
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:32:45 PST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 wrote:

> As to "include:", what is the implied path:
> A. That of the conf file in which it appears?, or

A is the correct behavior. As I mentioned in another message, there were
bugs in the config parser in 3.2.0b1 and 3.2.0b2 and AFAIK are fixed in
the current development snapshots. (Betas are for discovering bugs, after

> As to "config_dir", exactly when does the specification become effective?
> Real ambiguity arises when the same .conf file includes both a "config_dir:"
> statement, and one or more "include:" statements.

Yup. I'm not sure what good a config_dir assignment would do. For the
include files, it takes paths (relative or absolute) to the current file.
For the command-line programs, you need to use the -c flag and for
htsearch you have CONFIG_DIR assigned in compilation for security reasons.

If you think about it, specifying config_dir in a config file is
nonsensical. (What, are you saying that the config file that should be
read is one with the same name in a different directory?)